Friday, May 1, 2009

The time is here!

We're here!! We got the phone call at 5:10pm that the hospital had a room for us. So we headed over and are admitted and they have begun the pitocin which is the drug they use to induce labor. I am 3 cm dilated, 80% effaced, and having contractions about 5 minutes apart. Once the pitcocin gets going and I am dilated to 5 cm then they will give me the epidural. So far no pain and I am very comfortable except for the IV cords and blood pressure cuffs, and NST bands that are permanently attached to me at this point! I had my last meal about 30 minutes ago and now am only allowed water and ice chips. Will keep you updated as things progress!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

So exciting!! Good luck and I can't wait to see pictures!

Mrs. G.I. Joe said...

So exciting! I hope you are holding your beautiful baby boy soon, if not already!