Sunday, May 3, 2009

Aidan Tyler is here!!!

Well it has been quite the journey, but our handsome little boy is here!!! Yesterday afternoon they tried using a gel to help finish softening my cervix and not long after that my water broke and they started the pitocin back up. I quickly started dilating and got the epidural when I hit 5 cm at about 4 o'clock. I was having a lot of sharp burning back pain with contractions so they were concerned he might be turned. I quickly went from 5 cm to 10 cm and at 6:45 we started pushing. We did have some complications towards the end because my temperature started to spike and got up to 102 and his heart rate was dropping with contractions. So between pushes, I was getting oxygen and downing ice chips. They also had to use the vacuum. At 8:43 pm, almost 2 hours of pushing later, our little boy was born. Everything with him looked good except he also had a fever. So after they took all his measurements (7 lbs 8 oz, and 20.5 in length) and whatnot, we spent a little while trying to breastfeed him before they had to wisk him off to the nursery for tests and his bath. They gave him a pretty cold bath and some antibiotics to get his fever down. He has a little IV to get his meds but the swelling on his head from the vacuum has already gone down, its just a little tender. We got into our post partum room at about 10ish and then tried to get some rest between feedings. He is the most gorgeous baby and is so sweet, even if he was a lil bugger to get out!! He'll have to be here for minimum of 48 hours of monitoring and for the test results to come back if he does have an infection. All of his vitals have continued to be good though. Here are some of his first pictures!!
Waiting for Baby Aidan to get a move on!

Our first family picture

Getting checked out!

All cleaned up and ready to go

In the nursery getting his IV and getting checked out

The next morning getting some rest

9 comments:

Janice Ewbank said...

Aidan is adorable! I'm proud of you, Andria!
Congrats to the three of you! Janice : )

Debra Sult said...

I'm coming in to see him! Be there shortly. Love to you all!
Deb

Keli said...

He is so beautiful, and you look great after 26 hours of labor!

Angie said...

CONGRATS Mommy!!! He's absolutely beautiful!! :)

Erica and Justin said...

YAY!! Congratulations....I'm so happy for you three. What a gorgeous little baby boy. Enjoy....

Unknown said...

Okay, so I think since it was such a long and difficult labor...that means he's gonna be an easy baby!! :-) He's gorgeous! So happy for you guys!

Teresa said...

He is so beautiful and you look fantastic!! I adore the family picture! Congratulations!!

Sue said...

Aidan is absolutely beautiful! Great job you two. I laughed when I saw the picture of you, Andria, on your computer in the hospital- How very much like you!!!! Thanks for the pictures- Keep sending them. Congratulations!
Sue

Judith said...

OOOHHH - he's so cute! You look great! -- and not to leave Ian out - he looks great too! Can't wait to meet Aidan in person. Blessings to all for lots of love, laughter and good health. I have great references for babysitting -:-) Love, Judy