Thursday, May 7, 2009

Home at last!

Well we have been home for a couple days now and I am finally getting a chance to put another update on here. The first couple days were a little rough dealing with feeding and sleeping, but we are getting into a routine and things are going more smoothly now. Yesterday Aidan had his first doctor's appt. It went pretty good, except that he had dropped down to 6 lbs 13 oz. So the doctor didn't think he had been eating enough which explains his sleep probelms at first. We were doing feedings every 2 1/2 hours, but I guess he just wasn't getting enough. So we are supplementing with a little formula (and now breast milk since I have gotten a pump) and he is sleeping better and seems much happier and more content.

We have been very lucky to have some wonder friends come visit and help with cleaning and providing of meals. We are truly lucky to have such generous friends. We are lookign forward to my mom coming to visit at the end of this week and Ian's parents coming to visit later this month.

Here are some of Aidan's latest pictures. Now that we are getting into a routine, I'll try to be better about taking more pictures!

3 comments:

Mrs. G.I. Joe said...

Congrats on having Aiden home! He is just so so cute!! Lucy was 6 pounds when we brought her home from the hospital so its amazing to look at your pictures and remember how small she was. :( Makes me miss having a newborn.

Haha, anyways. Enjoy the first few weeks. Some people are crazy and those are the hardest. I think they are amazing because your baby isn't that tiny for too long. Time comes quick enough that they won't want to just sleep and cuddle all day. So have fun with your new little family!

Janice Ewbank said...

Happy Mother's Day! Janice : )

Erica and Justin said...

He is absolutely adorable!!! I wish so badly that I could meet him!! Happy Mother's Day. If you have any Questions or need anything, don't hesitate to call. I just went through it all....