Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Well Deserved Vent

I hope everyone had a nice Easter. I think I had about the worst Sunday ever! It started off fine. I didn't sleep much so I finally decided to just to read one of my books. I actually read the whole thing. The whole time I had been hearing this weird noise though. I thought it was just workers outside b/c they have been replacing all the awnings on the exteriors, eventhough it is Easter. So I pretty much just ignored it. Well I finally got up at 10:30 and looked downstairs to see if they had replaced one of our awnings, and I saw this black stuff on the floor, window sill, and the couch. I didn't tink much of it, thinking somehow it had come through the window when they were working... I know not likely, but the windows are old, and leak, so why wouldn't other stuff come in. So I decided to take a shower and then I'd head downstairs to clean up the mess. Well I get dressed and went downstairs, just to see even more of a mess... it seemed to have gotten worse. So I get out the vacuum and start cleaning it up. Well, not a minute after I start I hear all this racket coming from the fireplace. Upon further investigation, I realize all the black stuff everywhere is soot and it's coming from the fireplace where something is obviously trapped. Well I figure there is nothing else to do, but keep cleaning. By this point I'm really noticing that this soot is everywhere! And I mean everywhere. All over the blinds, on both couches, all over the TV... it's even spread all over the kitchen. But I figure, it's not going to clean itself, so I keep working. Well next thing I know, this crazy bird is flying around my house! My cats are going nuts, and the bird is covered in soot, so he is getting more black everywhere. I lock the cats (who are also now covered in soot) in the bathroom but its a sliding door and they keep getting out. By this point I can't take anymore. So I can Ian and start crying cuz I don't know how to catch a damn bird and less face it, at 9 mons preggo, I'm probably a little bit emotional!

So he comes home from work, gets the bird out (he had to climb up on the mantle of our fireplace to reach it in one of our high windows). But then he had to go back to work, so I am left to clean up this mess. It literally took me over 5 hours. the vacuum kept getting clogged, the couch was stained (but luckily I got it out with some scrubbing). Then to top it all off, I broke one of my candle holders trying to clean it, and then stepped on broken glass after I thought I had vacuumed it all up. Luckily it was small and didn't even really make my foot bleed. And everytime I thought I finally got an area cleaned, it would get covered again. The only thing I kept thinking was that at least if I went into pre-term labor from all this, at least my house would be clean! So sorry for my Easter rant, but man this was a crappy day! And I actually had stuff I wanted to do today!!! Oh and did i mention, the bird pooped on my stairs?? Luckily Ian took care of that for me!! It is now 7 hours after this whole saga began and I am finally sitting on the couch while my husband cooks some dinner. I hope everyone else had a bettter day!!

6 comments:

Angie said...

OMG that's freaking crazy!!! I think I'd lost my mind if that happened to me too! Good thing Ian was able to come home and get the bird for ya. Hope you've got your feet up on the couch and relaxing while he pampers you! :)

Mommie to 3 Things said...

I can barely walk now! My back and hip hurt!! I'm trying to finally get my thank you cards done since I am stuck on the couch! LOL!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry about that crazy bird! I hope you feel better soon.

Judith said...

... and you thought you would just have a nice, quiet 3 day weekend! I've heard pregnant women stories before, but I would say that yours is by far the most entertaining! Glad to know that "all's well that ends well!" ... and Ian did the cooking! Judy

Teresa said...

Oh my goodness! How crazy is that?! I hope you are able to relax now though!

Erica and Justin said...

WOW!! I actually have a visual! Hope you have recovered by now!! I don't think you were being "emotional"!! I would have done the same thing. Cried & called Justin. Hang in there....