Saturday, July 25, 2009

12 weeks and a house update!

Aidan is 12 weeks old today! I can't believe how fast the time is going. When I think back to our first night home with him and what it is like now, I can't believe how much he has already changed! I'm so used to him being bigger now, I can't even remember what it wa slike when he was so small! I'll get some pictures on here later today, but first I have to figure out where I put the camera!

Here's an update on the latest of the house drama!

It all started on Thursday. The day started off great. We went to breakfast at the Farmhouse, which I love and after we took Aidan in to observe in his new daycare. Then we went to Lowe's to buya new fan for our room and Ian talked me into getting a digital thermostat for the house so we can monitor our energy use better... (we had an old dial one that worked like crap). So then when we got home I painted Aidan's ceiling. Well I was so motivated when I finished that I decided to paint the spare bedroom and Ian's office too. I figured since the carpet was getting installed I might as well just get it done.

While I was doing that Ian was watching Aidan and installing the new thermostat (which by the way said right on the box... Easy to install in only 15 mins. That being said I figured it would take about an hour.) Well, Ian gets it on, and it's all powered up. It was a little hot at first since we had to turn it off.. so it got up to about 88. Well after 2 hours it hadn't cooled down and it was only getting hotter! I had Aidan stripped down to just a diaper and Ian was on the phone with my stepdad, then my brother, then my brother's friend who does HVAC. At about 8 pm, we still didn't have air and it was about 90 degrees. We decided to call in the help... well of course we couldn't get anyone out to fix it... so we ended up going to a hotel for the night. We hadn't eaten since breakfast so we went to Jerry's Drive Up liquor store and got a six pack and then through the drive thru at In and Out. We finally got to the hotel at about 10:30. We stayed at the new Aloft in Tempe... it was great!

Woke up Friday morning and headed back to the house by 8 since the carpet installers were going to be there. Since we got caught up with the AC we hadn't finished moving everything out yet before the carpet guys got there. So that was a big cluster. At about 9:30 I left to drop Aidan off at day care for the 1st time! It was just a little trial to help us transition. So I went into my air conditioned school and got a ton done, picked Aidan up about 12:30ish, and then brought him back to school with me b/c the carpet wasn't done and the ac guy wasn't even at the house yet. Finally went home at 4:30. Carpet was done, ac guy was fixing the ac... and the house was almost 100 degrees! But the best news is, it wasn't anything Ian did when he installed the thermostat, our ac was just messed up... so our home warranty covered it and it only cost us $55.

So long story short... I have a freshly painted house, ac that works great, and brand new silk carpeet that feels like a blanket to my feet! Now I just need to unpack everything! Oh, and most important my lil guy spent his first day in day care and we both survived. In fact he wasn't fussy at all today, despite day care and the past two days of an extremely hot house. I'm so proud of him!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Yay for you both making it through day care! I am glad the AC was fixed and that you are able to relax and enjoy your freshly painted and carpeted home!