Sunday, July 27, 2014

Biscuit Chicken Pot Pies

Summer sure has kept us busy. We spent a week visiting family and have spent the rest of summer running around to play dates and activities like swimming, ice skating, art classes, gymnastics, lil ninjas, ice hockey, jiu jitsu.... and the list goes on and on. I had all these high aspirations on being able to blog a lot this summer about different cooking and craft projects... but the reality is that by the time we finished the cooking projects, craft projects and daily activities, I was just too worn out to blog about our adventures! I'm not even sure how I found time to clean my house! lol! This is one of the recipes I made towards the beginning of summer but am now just getting around to post. The husband and I really liked it. The kids ate it too once they had picked out all the veggies... sigh... one of these days I'll get them eating vegetables again. The recipe I used was adapted from this Chicken Pot Pie Cupcake recipe.


Ingredients:
  • Two Chicken Breasts Cooked and Diced (we grilled ours)
  • 1 14.5 oz Can Cream of Chicken Soup
  • 1 Cup Frozen Mixed Veggies
  • 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (I use reduced fat cheddar from block that I shred)
  • 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
  • 1 tsp Onion Powder
  • 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
  • 1 Tube Pillsbury Simply Biscuits
Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl combine all the ingredients (except for the biscuits)... chicken, soup, veggies, cheese, and spices.


Lightly grease muffin pan. Take each biscuit and flatten / stretch it out. Press biscuit into bottom of muffin tin and gently press it up sides of tin.


Fill each biscuit with chicken mixture.


Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Begin checking on Pot Pies after about 10 minutes to make sure they don't get overcooked.



Let cool down a little bit before serving, especially if Littles will be eating them. Enjoy!


No comments: