Saturday, June 11, 2011

Life goes on

Well it's been over a week now and we're surviving! We're staying pretty busy and that has definitely helped a lot. I am so thankful to my friends that have been helping, either by bringing us meals to make my life easier, or by helping watch one kiddo so I could take the other one to the doctor, or just inviting us over for playdates so we have a fun day. We are so lucky to have such amazing people in our life! It has been a very busy week and I feel like I have gotten so much accomplished. One of the highlights of our week was getting our trip to North Carolina to visit Ian at the end of the month all booked. We'll spend about a week in Charlotte with Ian's sister, Erin, and her family, and Ian will come up and visit with us over the weekend. Then we'll head over to Camp Lejeune for a couple days before we steal Daddy for the 4th of July weekend and go to Myrtle Beach. Then we head back to Camp Lejeune and fly back home. Obviously we're really looking forward to the trip!

The boys are adjusting to Daddy being gone. Colin is so little, I doubt he even gets that anything different is going on. Aidan is having a harder time. Definitely more temper tantrums and he talks about Daddy a lot and asks for him to come home. We try to talk to Daddy a lot and Skyping seems to help. Aidan loves looking at pictures of his Daddy, so I made him a photo book of pictures of Daddy, Colin and him so that the boys have something that they can hold and look at.

Each day gets a little easier as we get settled in our new routine and life goes on.

So what else is new around the Sharp household?

Well Aidan is now two and is very independent and stubborn (does that surprise anyone?) He loves going to school and doing activities and playing with his friends. We are in the early stages of potty training and my goal is to have him potty trained by the time I go back to work (but we're not stressing it. When he's ready, it'll happen). He loves "helping", cars, trains, reading, and puzzles. He's learning his colors and numbers and he amazes me every day with how much he knows and understands.

Colin is 7 months tomorrow and is on the move! He can crawl, sit, can stand with support, and is starting to pull himself up on things. He loves being cuddled and doing whatever big brother is doing. Now that he's finally over the RSV, bronchiolitus, and a gastrointestinal virus he's such a happy little thing. He had a rough start with the GI issues from birth and being sick pretty much nonstop for the last three and a half months, but his personality is finally starting to come out and he loves smiling and laughing. He's also a big "talker" and lets us know exactly what's on his mind. I'm hopeful that now that he's finally feeling better we can get him on a better feeding schedule and that he'll start sleeping through the night.

Things are pretty much the same for me. School ended up a few weeks ago. I was really pleased with how my students did. I was hoping that something part time would work out at school for next year, but at this point, it looks like I'll be returning full time. It'll keep me busy, but hopefully not too busy that I'm overly stressed. I have been working on photo projects this summer and getting the house organized. It is definitely time for some major purging!

Well mommie duties call! I'll try to get some new photos uploaded on here soon!

No comments: