Saturday, May 24, 2014

Prosciutto, Tomato, and Mozzarella Bruschetta


This is a great side or appetizer to add to any meal. It's one of those things that I just made up based on some ingredients I had on hand. My family loves it and whenever I have made it for dinner guests it has always been a hit. This is really easy and can be pre-assembled so all you have to do is throw it in the oven right before dinner is served. I typically use my toaster oven for this recipe.

Ingredients:
  • Fresh loaf of bread (ciabatta, french, sourdough, etc)
  • Pesto sauce
  • Prosciutto slices cut in half
  • 1 large tomato on the vine
  • 1 fresh mozzarella ball
Directions:
I typically slice my tomato first to see how many slices I'll get out of it and then that's how many slices of bread, mozzarella, and prosciutto I'll cut.

Spread a small amount of pesto on each slice of bread. The place one half slice of prosciutto on the bread. Next layer a slice of tomato, and then top with the mozzarella.

Place in toaster oven directly on rack. Turn oven on broil and cook until cheese is melted and starting to get a golden tint on top. Carefully pull out of oven, it will be hot!! Serve and enjoy!

No comments: