Friday, March 23, 2012

The Tides are Turning

Well, this post has definitely been a long time coming. Whoever would have known how incredibly busy it is being a single parent to a 1 and 2 year old, working full time, and taking care of a house. Each of those things on their own are enough to run a person ragged. A common comment I get is "I just don't know how you do it." The answer is simple really... lots and lots of coffee and the occasional glass of wine! LOL! Oh and I can't forget having the support of my family, and an incredible support system of friends and coworkers. Fianlly, I always keep this  quote in mind "Missing someone gets easier every day because even though it's one day further from the last time you saw each other, it's one day closer to the next time you will. ~Author Unknown"

Tonight I realized that Ian should be back stateside in a mere 3 weeks and I just couldn't wrap my mind around that. He has been gone since June, so about 10 months and for there to only be three weeks left is just mind boggling to me. When I think back over the last year and everything we have done and been through, I just can't believe that in three short weeks we will be a complete family again. In hindsight, I wish I had been better about blogging about all that we have gone through, so that there was some sort of record of our year of deployment... but for those of you that follow us on Facebook, you've gotten the full scope of all that! Maybe someday (when I have time... ha ha) I'll compile a post that has our "Best of Facebook" for this past year. In the meantime, I'd just like to leave you with this thought...


He's finally coming home!

No comments: