Thursday, July 21, 2011

Summer's Coming to an End

Oh my goodness, where has this summer gone??? I can't believe it's already almost time for me to go back to work. We've had quite the busy summer.

Our big trip was a two week excursion back to North Carolina to see Ian and spend some time with his sister, Erin, and her family. We had a fabulous time exploring North and South Carolina. The trip wasn't as hard as I expected it to be considering that I would be doing the majority of the traveling by myself with the boys. It was definitly a big relief to spend the first week in Charlotte with the family, especially since the little guy ended up getting roseola the 2nd day we were there! The second week of our trip we spent down in Jacksonville (Camp LeJeune), NC and Myrtle Beach, SC. We enjoyed our special time with Ian very much.

The rest of our summer has been spent hanging out with friends, doing play dates, swim parties, arts and crafts, playing with trains, figuring out puzzles, and playing in the sprinklers in the yard.  We were even lucky enough to have a weekend visit with my mom! So like I said, it's been a busy summer! :)

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers and we enter the next stage of this deployment... me returning to work and still trying to take care of my two rascals and keep the homefront running smoothly! We are so lucky to have so many people that love and support us that I know it will all be ok!

No comments: