Friday, November 21, 2008

16 weeks!

Well, today I had my 16 week doctor's appointment. Everything went well. We heard the heartbeat on the doppler, although that was a bit of a challenge since the baby was busy hiding! Apparently there is an artery nearby and the baby was hiding behind that so all we could hear for awhile was my own heartbeat until the baby finally moved! That was neat because you can hear the movement on the doppler too! It sounds kind of like paper being crinkled. The baby's heartbeat is 142 beats per minute and everything else was fine too. No swollen ankels yet or anything. My next appt is on December 18 and that is when we'll have the ultrasound to see what the baby is. I tried to get in earlier, but apparently there are developmental measurements that they need to take and it is better to get these done at 20 weeks than 18. So what's 2 more weeks right? It only feels like eternity!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

So exciting! I am happy to hear mommy and baby are doing so well. Miss you guys!

Mommie to 3 Things said...

I miss you too!!! We are doing well. I should be able to start feeling the baby in the next week or so... can hardly wait for that!!!

Erica and Justin said...

It's gotta be a boy....142 is very low. Sam hovered around that number the whole pregnancy. Just my guess :) Glad you are healthy and things are moving along at ease. Happy Thanksgiving.

Christine~N~Jim said...

That is soo cool. I love that you are a 8-weeks or so ahead of me...because as you learn you write about it on the blog and then i learn before my appointments with teh dr. Glad all is well. I cant wait to hear and feel my baby! righ now I think it hasnt totally hit me that I am having a baby...hopefully once I am showing and stuff I will get more excited. well talk to you later! XOXO

Angie said...

I'm glad to hear your appt went well! They had a hard time finding my baby's heartbeat too. That's neat that you could hear it moving around! Woooo hoo your next appt is just in time to know before Christmas!! I told my hubby that all I wanted for Christmas was to know what we're having and to feel the baby move for the first time. I'll be 22 weeks exactly on Christmas day so I'd like to think I could by then. I guess they do have their reasons for a 20 week ultrasound but it still doesn't make it any easier on us to wait 2 weeks longer!!!

Mommie to 3 Things said...

Erica-I have a sneaky feeling it's gonna be a girl! Everyone I know who had the 12 week US and were having a boy found out then... I haven't given up hope though! ;) And I heard the whole heart rate thing isn't true!! We'll see! Only three more weeks on Thursday to go!

Mommie to 3 Things said...

Christine-It will become real before you know it! I know both Ian and I were in awe for a little bit.... We just kept saying, I can't believe there's a baby in there! Glad I'm able to help give you a head's up on what to expect! Hopefully your pregnancy will go as easy and mine as seemd to go!

Mommie to 3 Things said...

Angie-I'm sure you'll feel the baby move before then. Have you felt any flutters yet. I've been having some little ones, but it totally could be gas!! It will be a nice Christmas present. We're taking it easy this year to save money, so at least we'll have that to get excited about! LOL